I'm hoping you can recommend some effects that I can play around with in either
the filter or colors tab to try and achieve this look.

I basically took my own face by cutting it out from a pic and desaturated it
until it was black and white. Then went to colorize and changed the hue to
around 28 to give me that bronze look.

But the hardest part is to try and bring out the details in someone's face and
transform them into statue form.

And I don't want to give the face too much textures because as you can see, the
faces are pretty smooth.

Take Dan Marino for instance. And then what his bust looks like.

And then there's a Tom Coughlin mock bust that someone made. If I could get
anywhere close to that I'd be happy.

Thanks for the help.

megaman (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
gimp-user-list mailing list