Which version of Intuos Pro (Intuos2, Intuos4, etc.) do you have?  Because
exact buttons and features vary between different versions and sizes of tablet.

I personally have an Intuos 3 myself and it works fine with GIMP (so long as
GIMP detects it during startup, the GTK framework is known to not always find
the tablet).

Generally speaking you configure the button functions through the control panel
installed by your Wacom driver.  The default settings (at least for my Intuos3)
tend to have the buttons configured to act like the Ctrl+Shift+Alt modifier
keys, and GIMP generally respects/acknowledges these settings.  If your tablet
has touch strips, these tend to be configured by default to generate mousewheel
actions (though in GIMP, mousewheel actions are ignored when the stylus is
within tablet range; a bug).

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com