Thank you guys, this really has helped. I did not realize Gimps coding for PDFs
has stayed the same through the different versions. I been scanning big layout
plans in the plotter and the machine is saving them in a PDF format. Once I
noticed the lower quality  I tested it on this simple line drawing and that's
when I noticed how much Gimp was lowering the quality, but I also didn't notice
the import settings and here I am thinking it was an export feature problem.
Thank you again!

>I read a few discussions but non seem to help. I don't like the export
>feature or that it increases my PDF sizes greatly, but I can work
>around it. My problem is whenever I export to PDF gimp  is lowering
>the quality of my PDFs. I can deal with the export feature and the PDF
>size increase but not the loss in quality. To test this I used a line
>drawing, I opened it on gimp, without making any chances I exported it
>and right away I could tell the difference of just how much blurry the
>lines look. I done overwrite, export, export as, I tried looking into
>settings to see if I can increase the quality of the export but I'm
>not finding anything.
>Has anybody notice this? Any suggestions on what I can do?

ErickG (via
gimp-user-list mailing list