On 30 June 2016 at 08:41, Ofnuts <ofn...@gmx.com> wrote:

> Processing and disk space are cheap. Script the whole lot, eyeball the
> results, and redo the odd ones manually (or with a different script). Or
> first do a visual check, split in two batches, one processed with
> auto-levels and one without, and apply a different script on each batch.

In the end that's what I did.  Couldn't get Gimp script  on command line to
work* so used Fred Weinhaus' autowhite
<http://www.fmwconcepts.com/imagemagick/autowhite/index.php> script which
employs the Imagemagick function suit.

It was very effective, only 4 of 325 needed re-doing.

Matthew

* gimp -i -b '(batch-levels-stretch "*.jpg")' -b '(gimp-quit 0)' resulted in

(ufraw-gimp:5401): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path: "pixmap",
While parsing XMP metadata:
Error on line 46 char 1: End of element <exif:Flash> not expected in this