On 08/07/16 06:21, billlee wrote:
I'm designing the image to print on a CD.
In this image, I'd like to arrange 49 copies of a small image evenly around a
I'm a relative newbie, using GIMP 2.8.16 on Windows 10.
Thank you very much!
PS: I see a script for arranging text around a circle, but need to finish this
CD before such a learning curve. :)
If GIMP would display polar coordinates instead of rectangular, it might not be
too hard to do this by hand. I guess I could try making a spreadsheet to
generate the x,y coordinates. :) Probably GIMP has easier way(s) to do this, and
I can learn something about GIMP too!
- Download/install dial-marks from here:
- Make a circle path (circle selection and Select>>To Path, for instance)
- Filter/Render/Paths/Dial marks and make a path with 49 marks with O°
width, the marks intersecting your circle
- In the Paths list, make both paths visible, right click and "Merge
- View>Snap to active path
- Now use the Move tool to drag your objects, they will snap in position
(if they are centered in their own layer)
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: firstname.lastname@example.org
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list