>No, you don't create a layer and paste an image in it, you use either
>"Edit>Paste as>New layer" or "File>Open as layers" and pick the image
>file using the file selector. In both cases you end up with your image
>in a new layer. As long as that image remains on a layer distinct from
>the rest, moving and scaling it shouldn't be a problem.
Shouldn't be a problem... Hmmm.
I've used "File-Open As layer" before. That how I wound up with the new
layer/image in the center of my work area. Moving it IS the problem. I don't
know how. IN the attached example, I need to enlarge the image and move it to
the right.
I'm trying to understand how to do that.

MikeS (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
gimp-user-list mailing list