Greetings all

I did, after 20 minutes of screwing around, finally get it to use a
selected foreground color for the text.

But when I hit the help menu, up pops the help for 2.6!  So I fire up
synaptic and check to see if I am out of date, because the "context
help" doesn't work at all.  Yup, I'm up to date allright, got gimp-2.8.2
but the doc files are for 2.6.x.  Debian wheezy at your service, NOT.

Anyway, the next problem is that I can't find a tool that will let me
draw freehand lines so I can make a few arrows that point from a line of
text to a feature in the image.  Or maybe even draw a balloon around the
text pointing at the feature.

Did this train lose its conductor a few stops back?  Or how can I back it
up to when it Just Worked(TM) quite a bit of the time?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)