> From: patda...@gmail.com
> Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 15:18:05 +0000
> To: sheltieso...@gmail.com; gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Dockable Dialogs frustration
> Are you in single window mode?
> If not, is your main workspace window maximized in a way that the dialogs
> get hidden behind it when you click on the image/canvas?
> --
> Pat David
> https://pixls.us
> http://blog.patdavid.net

Aren't the dockable toolbox windows supposed to be set as always-on-top so that
an overlapping image window isn't necessarily a problem?

Anyway, check your GIMP preferences, Window Management, "hint for docks and
toolbox".  I believe the default setting is "utility window", which should
imply always-on-top status by default (it at least works in Windows XP and
Windows 10) .

-- Stratadrake