I installed Gimp 2.8.16 (from gimp-2.8.16-setup.exe) and Gimp-help 2.8.2 (from
gimp-help-2-2.8.2-en_GB-setup.exe) on Windows. Both were installed to the folder
"C:\Program Files\GIMP 2". However, when I run Gimp and select Help from the
Help menu, I get a dialog telling me that "The gimp user manual is not installed
on your computer", and giving me the option to use the online version. When I
have a look under "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2", the help files have been installed
to "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\help\en_GB".

On a hunch I renamed en_GB to en, and the help system then works. So it looks
like the British English help cannot be seen by Gimp unless it's install folder
is renamed.

NickP (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
gimp-user-list mailing list