On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Keith wrote:
> Does gimp allow me to combine an audio file on an mp3 with a picture file  on
> a jpg to generate an movie file on an mp4?
> Can this mp4 be compressed to use fewer bytes?

Somewhat contrary to what Pat suggested, I would rather suggest using
any free software for creating slideshows.

Typically they allow:

- adding a bunch of JPEG files to create animated transitions between them;
- adding a sound track of sorts (MP3, WAV etc.);
- rendering a video file out of all that.

I know for a fact that this sort of software exist on Linux, and I'm
sure there should be free options for Windows and Mac.

Alex