1. Open GIMP (***with no new image or photo***).
2. Choose EDIT > PREFERENCES > DEFAULT IMAGE > IMAGE SIZE.
3. Under image size set whatever dimensions you want for new images.
4. ***In the last drop-down box on that line you will see "px" and a down
triangle.*** Click the triangle and you will be presented with a selection
of types of measurements: pixels, inches, millimeters, points, etc.
5. Choose "inches". Also set whatever else you want. Click "OK"
6. This is the important step: ***Quit GIMP without opening a new image or
anything else.*** This sets "inches" as the default measurement for NEW
When you Open GIMP again and click FILE > NEW, "inches" will be the
measurement system for your "NEW" files.
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2016 9:09 PM
Subject: [Gimp-user] setting preferences to imches?
I downloaded the gimp 2.8.18. on mac osX.11.6.
I have set my increments to inches. when i open a new document, it opens in
pixels, even if my previous document is in inches. How do i get gimp to
always show my new documents in inches?( or whatever incrament i want)
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: email@example.com
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list