* Ofnuts <ofn...@gmx.com> [09-16-16 03:36]:
> On 13/09/16 07:51, jwes wrote:
> > I frequently work with scanned or photographed handwritten documents and
> > have
> > found and written tools for GIMP that make them more readable. This works
> > for
> > files, but I also often read documents online. I would like to apply the
> > same
> > tools to images in my browser but I am not sure where to start. Print
> > screen and
> > paste does not work because of loss of resolution. Is there a browser that
> > allows me to route the screen through GIMP? Is there a way to display web
> > pages
> > in GIMP? Is there something clever I haven't thought of?
> >
> I very routinely copy/paste images from by browser (Firefox) to Gimp. This
> paste the original image, without any loss (and this works on 20MPix
> images...). You can also copy the image URL in your browser and use
> File>Open location if the image can be accessed without user authentication.

You may very well copy and paste from a browser, BUT, if that copy/paste
is dragging the mouse across an area to select the copy, you are ONLY
copying at screen resolution and WILL LOOSE RESOLUTION from the displayed
image.  If you are copying the web address of the image and using that,
you retain the displayed image's resolution.

In order to retain the image's resolution provided it is greater than your
screen, you *must* download subj image or use it's web address with
amounts to the same.

Usually one can discern the web address of an image by right clicking upon
it, unless it is displayed by flash and then digging into the flash source
is necessary.  There are apps available that will provide flash hidden
addresses.