I attached the files in question,let me know if you need more information. I did
get rid of about half of the layers,I had just forgotten to "Merge Down" the
text into the background color. Thanks for your assistance.

>Without seeing the actual gimp file, I am making certain assumptions.
>It
>looks like each copy of the background layer is identical. If that is
>the case then multiple copies does not add anything to the final
>product
>(not 100% accurate as you can play with how one layer interacts with
>the
>one below it). I was not sure if you were trying to create an animated
>gif. If so, the multiple layers make sense (but not if they are
>identical copies). If you are trying to make an animated gif all you
>need is one layer for the background color placed on bottom (two if
>you
>want/need different colors for the gif background and text box
>background).
>
>The transparent areas of the gif are going to allow whatever is below
>bleed through. The teal is over powering. Try creating a selection the
>size of the gif on a new layer, place it below the gif and play with
>filling it with neutral colors (white, grey, etc.) until you get the
>image looking the way you want it. You can change how the layers
>interact (multiply, darken, etc) as that may improve the image. Once
>you
>have the image (gif) looking the way you want, add a new layer,
>placing
>it on bottom and fill that layer with the desired color of your text
>box. Finally, add your text layer anywhere above that base layer.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/275/original/wolfrosehelp.xcf
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/276/original/wolfrosehelp2.xcf
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/277/original/wolfrosehelp3.xcf