PS has a number of different color standards (some Adobe’s proprietary
materials)  that it can use in addition to the standard variations of HSI, RGB,
and CYMK. I’m not sure how GIMP handles this, as it hasn’t come up in what I’m
doing. When you export the files from PSD, make sure you are using a color
space that is supported by GIMP.

Ross