This is all rather new for me and I hope this is the right place to ask this
question but it seems that opening a Pdf file should be very routine.  However
this is not working for me, I have a 5.3 MB v 1.4 pdf file that has 1200 ppi
resolution and unless I reduce the Resolution Import setting to 737 it gives me
the attached warning.  Why when it does import at 737 ppi the file "Size in
memory:" is 5.6 GB see attached Image Properties, then when saved as Pdf it is
220 MB, this should be less than the original 5.3 MB with lower resolution?

How do I import at full 1200 ppi resolution and save the file again as a single
layer PDF in full resolution at a reasonable file size.

Many Thanks, Clipper

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/288/original/Gimp_Error.jpg
*