On 09/10/16 17:31, Michael wrote:
Hi there,

I downloaded the GIMP software for my iMac, but have so far been unable to
import my fotos from Apple's Foto application. I miss the function to open the
Foto App in order to import the fotos I want to work on. Instead GIMP only asks
to open a file.

Does anybody know how to import fotos from an iMac into GIMP.

Did you try drag and drop?

Don't underestimate "files". They are a warranty of interoperability. With other people. And with your future self, should you decide to change machines and/or operating systems. Those who try to remove the files from your grasp are trying to lock you in.