Hi,

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 10:54 PM, kickoff3pm <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone, I've not been using Gimp for long and I only really use it for
> creating Facebook headers. I often copy in other images as a layer and then
> erase part of the copied image. My problem is after a few times doing this the
> eraser stops working and I can't see a way around it. I've deleted and started
> again with the layer and close and reopened the file. But once I get to this
> point I can't erase anything.
>
> Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?

If the layer you are trying to erase on has no alpha channel, then the
eraser will paint in the background color instead of making the pixels
transparent. Could it be your problem, by any chance?
Another thing I can think of: do you have several layer and are you
erasing the right one?
Again: would you have an active selection and you try to erase outside
of the selection? Go in menu: "Select" > "None".

If not one of these, please could you explain what you mean by "the
eraser stops working". What is happening when you try to erase? We
need more details to not have to guess what you are experiencing.
Regards,

Jehan

> --
> kickoff3pm (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)