thank you for the help, much appreciated.
this will cause the border to look uneven however, isn't there a work around to
this?
also, it's not clear to me why 400 x 200 and 420 x 220 is not keeping aspect
ratio? the vertical increases exactly the same amount of the horizontal....

--
Mattia (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)