>Hello, I've been searching for hours trying to figure this out. So I'd
>be grateful for any help.
>
>I have a psd image that I opened in gimp - it is a b/w pic of a
>character (line drawing) and some words. I want to change the colour
>of the character and words.
>
>Sounds simple - but I can only see how to "fill" not change the actual
>lines that have been drawn
>
>Is this possible - can someone point me to the right tutorial
>please/or provide instructions.
>
>Many thanks,
>JP

There are different ways to get a result depending on the original .psd image.

Since you say it is black and white, When you open in Gimp ***check that the
color mode is RGB*** and change if necessary.

Image menu -> Mode -> RGB  You might have something like this:
http://imgur.com/MPwO1ie

If it is black on white, then add a layer on top and fill it with the new
colour. Now set the Layer Mode to Screen. looks like this:
http://imgur.com/rCnSJ3D

If the diagram is black on transparent then enable the ***alpha lock*** for that
layer and fill the layer with the new colour. looks like this:
http://imgur.com/VrbA8NR

PS text layers imported into Gimp are 'rasterized' (no longer editable text)
treat these the same as previous, set the alpha lock, bucket fill. example:
http://imgur.com/jH797l5

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)