>Image->Mode->Grayscale
>

>Owen

The problem with this is the document consist of a page of individual pictures.
When I use Image>Mode>Grayscale, some of the pictures look fine, and others not
so good.

I tried desaturate as Partha suggested, and I can get most of the pictures with
this.  A few are problems, but I believe that is because they were somewhat
blown out.  I added some contrast to those and used desaturate and things are
much better.  What is making me crazy is, I thought I had tried desaturate
before.  I must have chosen Colors>Desaturate>Colors to Gray instead of
Colors>Desaturate>Desaturate.

A tired mind can be a dangerous thing.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I really appreciate them.  I have about 9 of these
sheets of pictures, and this was the only one that had the issue.  Naturally I
chose it last to repair.  By the time I got to it, I wasn't thinking straight.

--
cscj01 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)