Hi Minikin,

On Sat, 04 Mar 2017 16:28:36 +0100
Minikin <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:

> >Hi Minkin,
> >
> >On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 17:41:20 +0100
> >Minikin <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> >here on mageia linux v6 I am able to open this image perfectly fine -
> >http://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/images/bin-puzzle-2016-05-04.png
> >. Can
> >you try:
> >
> >1. Opening that particular image.
> >
> >2. Sending us an image that you are unable to open.
> >
> >regards,
> >
> >     Shlomi
>

> Hi Shlomi.
>
> 1. No Gimp does not want to open the image you linked to (see image
> attached). I even have to chose "All files" when I want to open an image
> because Gimp does not even find images.

I see.

> 2. I will attach an example of an image I want to open.
>
> I uninstalled and installed Gimp again. Same problem.
>
> Attachments:
> * http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/496/original/IMG_1081.JPG
> * http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/497/original/pscreen.png

GIMP here opens that greyscale JPEG photo of a dog fine. It's possible you have
some problems with plug-ins. If you're not afraid of using the command line /
console / terminal / etc. you can try using dtruss (see
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=strace+os+x&ia=web ) or similar to see what is going
wrong (or at least compress the dump and send it to us for analysis).

Regards,

-- Shlomi