>Wow, great information, thanks!
>
>As for Photivo Gimp plugin you referred to, is it the code that allows
>the "Send image to external editor" function?
>
>I'll give a try with RawTherapee, but Photivo, gave me the best
>results out of the box, besides offering a ton of options if I want to
>go further in post production...
>
>Once more, thanks for the great information

I tried RawTherapee and, together with the new 16-bit Gimp, I can say I found an
excellent replacement for PS.

Just as an example, I could manage to develop the raw image below the way I
would do with PS. I didn't loose much time in the tonal settings, but I was
curious to see if I could enhance the image regarding sharpness and noise. I
think I could.

I did the basics in RawTherapee then opened it in Gimp, where I applied the
smart sharpening method proposed by this fellow that I don't know the name
(http://gimpguru.org/Tutorials/SmartSharpening2/).

Since I'm shooting with an old and humble Canon Powershot A3100 running CHDK,
from where I'm able to get raw images, I can now say that I'm 100% GNU,

http://imgur.com/a/o3o4r

--
oneaty (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)