>On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Michael Schumacher <schum...@gmx.de>
>wrote:
>This has to do with gegl tiles/cache and how gegl manages memory on
>Windows. You set the cache size too high and you have stack issues. It
>have
>nothing to do with "random builds at random times".  It's a design
>issue.
>
>OP: if you look through the log as I mentioned before you will see a
>whole
>bunch of gegl messages.

Thanks Partha. I had in fact changed the tile/cache value in an attempt to
"speed up" your 2.9.5 build. I'm working with 16-bit high DPI scans and adding
multiple layers does affect how quickly Gimp performs operations (I routinely
see 4GiB memory usage on open images). I have renamed the
APPDATA\Roaming\Gimp\2.9 folder to get Gimp to revert to defaults (since I
cannot remember the defaults for cache, etc.).

Warmest regards (and thanks for your Windows Gimp builds!).

--
gstalnaker (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)