Thanks for your reply - I hadn't realised that this change had been added to
V2.8 as well as 2.9.

I have found the answer to my problem. The make of glib-networking that I did
had worked but I had made two mistakes. Firstly I was looking for
glib-networking.dll rather than libgiognutls.dll. Secondly although I had tried
putting liggiognutls.dll into my prefix lib folder it actually has to go into
the prefix\lib\gio\modules folder.

At least autogen.sh now completes successfully. It might be clearer if the
autogen message referred to libgiognutls (in addition to glib-networking) then
at least I wouldn't have spent a while looking for the wrong file.

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)