Hi Everyone,

I've been struggling with this for a couple of days and have had no success
finding a practical solution. What I want to do is toggle the visibility of two
layers (out of three total) with a single keystroke. The reason is that for my
work I need to rapidly toggle the visibilty of both layers while quickly editing
one of the layers. I've already tried a few things:

1) Layer groups. This seemed promising, but in practice it slows things down way
too much. I can group the two layers together and toggle the visibilty of them
both with a hotkey, but the issue is I have to have the whole group selected to
do so. So, in order to quickly edit something in one layer, I have to click one
of the layers in the sidebar, make the edit, then go back and select the group
to regain the ability to rapidly toggle visibility of both layers. I'm
constantly going back and forth between editing a layer and toggling visibility
way too much for this to be practical.

2) Linking layers. I thought maybe linking the two layes would allow me to have
only one layer selected for editing while being able to toggle both layers. Not
the case - too bad.

3) A script. I was reading elsewhere that this could potentially be solved with
a script that toggles the visibilty of both layers, perhaps triggered by a
keystroke. I'm really not familiar enough with GIMP to do this. This could be a
potential solution, so if anyone has any advice on how to do this, that would be
amazing.

If anyone knows of any other solution to this, I would be sooo happy. Thanks for
any help in advance.

Best,
SegDaltonico

--