>No problems here either, however
>
>...did you look at the size of the file produced by Gimp and wonder
>why it is so large.
>
>Gimp creates the psd file with two identical layers. Imagemagick
>identify gives
>
>IMG_0064.psd[0] PSD 3888x2592 3888x2592+0+0 8-bit DirectClass 55.44MB
>0.690u 0:00.690
>
>IMG_0064.psd[1] PSD 3888x2592 3888x2592+0+0 8-bit DirectClass 55.44MB
>0.660u 0:00.660

Thanks for the replies. I will admit that I know very little about file sizes
etc. Perhaps I should learn a lot more. However, I usually do what ever
adjustments needed to to a picture and then reduce its physical size to what I
think is appropriate for what I need. In this case it was a series of church
exteriors to use in a video editing time line as an AV sequence. My normal photo
editing programme is the Serif PhotoPlus and this has always suited me needs
with no problems. A friend recommended Gimp so I thought I would give it a
whirl. Therefore it came as some surprise that having exported a corrected
picture as a psd, that I could not open it again. I have now exported all the
pics from GIMP  as jpgs and no problem what-so-ever.  I realise that the problem
is most likely all my own fault so I must take time to learn more about the
technical side of things.

That jpg file I sent was a straight camera original - untouched so far as I
know. All I wanted to do was correct the verticals. I come from a past age when
so far as possible uprights in a photo should be upright. It's my age you know!

Thanks for your interest.

Steders.

--
Stedders (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)