>Hi, Newbie here and awaiting a book to help. However I have a quickie
>project. I have created a word doc, blue text and converted to a pdf.
>I have opened the pdf and want to make the background white like a
>sheet of paper with the blue text on it. Is there an easy way to do
>this. I have literally downloaded the program and not started yet. I
>want to get my image printed on a blue T shirt for my kids for xmas.
>So it would be a blue T shirt with a white page on the front with blue
>writing on it.
>
>Any help apprciated. Many Thanks in advance.

The only advice you really need is changing the pixels-per-inch (ppi) setting
when opening the PDF in Gimp.

File -> Open and select the PDF file. You get a dialog as the screenshot. Change
the resolution from 100 ppi (Gimp default value) to 300 ppi (suitable for
printing)

One thing to note. The PDF will be rasterized and text converted to an image.
Otherwise the image will look exactly the same as the PDF and print the same as
the original doc paper size.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/735/original/300ppi.jpg

--