>I know that it is something I have done or maybe not done but I
>download gimp about 3 different times tonight and each time I open a
>new image and click on the pencil / brush they will not work. the only
>thing that does seem to work for me is the fill bucket.
>
>thanks for any and all help you can provide me.

For Windows users, re-installing Gimp over and over again rarely achieves
anything, the problem is usually elsewhere.

Brush or Pencil not working? see screenshot for possible causes.

1. The most probable. An empty clipboard brush is active, select a different
brush.

2 and 3 The brush spacing is so large or size is so small the brush is not seen
in the context of the canvas. Set spacing to one and increase brush size.

4. One of the dynamics options is in force, set brush dynamics off.

5. Always a very slim chance that brush colour is the same as the canvas colour.
Change the foreground colour.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/763/original/possible.jpg