On 01/17/2018 04:57 AM, Terry50 wrote:
>> You need an OSX user to give a proper answer.
>>
>> Gimp does not come with any fonts. It uses the fonts installed in the
>> system, which might be very many. In linux I can disable many of the
>> never-used fonts to reduce the number seen by Gimp.
>>
>> This is reasonably up-to-date and might give a clue to a suitable font
>> manager.  (w*w*w.jklstudios.com/misc/osxfonts.html un-mux the url - it
>> kicked in some sort of protection by the forum software)
>>
>> Any fonts that *only* you will only use with Gimp should go in your
>> gimp profile. Something like /Users/MyName/Library/Application
>> Support/Gimp/2.8/fonts if that is what is used these days.
>
> Thank you :>)

Another thing to look at:  In the GIMP do Edit > Preferences, and pop
open the Folders item.  Click on Fonts and a list of the directories the
GIMP looks for fonts in is presented.  I have "way too many" fonts on my
workstation, so I deleted all but the GIMP's own font folder from the
list, then copied all I fonts I do want the GIMP to see into the
.../gimp-2.8/fonts folder.

I presume the configuration menu in the OSX version of the GIMP should
be very similar to the one described above.

:o)