Hi!

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 10:53 PM, Ken Moffat via gimp-user-list
<gimp-user-list@gnome.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 06:35:22PM +0100, avalier wrote:
>> I have finished a design. Now I need to export in a Jpeg file. However, when
>> attempt to export I get a notice box;
>>
>> [ The given filename does not have any known file extension.
>> Please enter a known file extension or select a file format from the file
>> format
>> list.]
>>
>> See attached
>>
>> Attachments:
>> * http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/810/original/Export.PNG
>>
> You appear to be trying to save the file as
> Shark Bate Blue.jpeg
> and the prompt lists *.jpeg as a valid variant (although I always
> export as .jpg) so try removing the spaces from the filename.
>
> On linux, or any other 'nix system, spaces in filenames are nothing
> but trouble, so I suspect they might be breaking the export function
> for you.

Even though it is good practice to not use spaces in filenames, spaces
in filenames should not be a problem in the export dialog. This said,
in the screenshot, I think I spot a space just between the extension
point and the extension itself: ". Jpeg".

I think this is the space which cause trouble (not the other ones in
the rest of the filename, just this single one in the extension).
Remove it and you should be good to go.

> But, you appear to have a transparent background.  Does that get
> automatically removed in a jpeg ?

Indeed this will be a problem. If you want an image with transparency,
use a format which supports it. For instance PNG.

Regards,

Jehan

> ĸen
> --
> Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
> boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.
>                                      - Unseen Academicals

ZeMarmot open animation film
http://film.zemarmot.net
Patreon: https://patreon.com/zemarmot