Hi there,

I am in the process of making an image grid for Valentine's Day.  I have been
using white layers to change the hue of my images' background.  Top image - the
original image, bottom image - the changed image.  I have been using white
layers to erase the background of the top image so you can see the changed
background.

I attached the file for reference.

In the middle of doing the red image, the tool randomly stopped working.
Instead of erasing the background, it now makes a black mark.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it work again.  I moved on to
the purple image and was able to continue erasing the background on it.  When I
thought I had finished it, I went back to the red image and still wasn't able to
erase the background.  Then I noticed a spot I had missed in the purple image.
I tried to edit it, but now the same issue is afflicting that image as well.

I tried saving, closing, and reopening the file, but that didn't change whatever
setting the tool got switched to.

Since these are for Valentine's Day, any help before then would be most
appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/814/original/lara_valentines.xcf