On 02/24/2018 01:34 PM, Ofnuts wrote:
> On 02/24/18 17:20, Tom Williams wrote:
>>> The fonts aren't embedded in the XCF. That won't prevent your friend
>>> to see your text as you designed it, but if she wants to change the
>>> text she will ned to install the fonts on her system.
>> Really?  Even though the fonts aren't installed, the font face will
>> still appear in the file when opened?
>>

> Yes, because the text is rendered to a bitmap. In the XCF linked
> below, the text is in "Humor Sans".
> Check that this font isn't installed on your system, and open the XCF.
> Do you see the text?
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/gasfrn9qh91in4u/SampleText.xcf?dl=0

Thanks for the sample.  The 'Humor Sans' text appeared, just as you
described.

Thanks to everyone for the responses!   What I'll do is send her the XCF
file I have now, so she can experiment with moving some parts of the
image around AND I'll help her get the fonts used installed so she can
make actual text changes.

Peace...

Tom

--
/When I leave, I don't know what I'm hoping to find,
And when I leave, I don't know what I'm leaving behind.../