>That reads like a mixture of operations.
>
>Drag and drop a text layer that has been transformed some way. Try and
>edit brings up a message offering choices of reverting back to
>original text in different forms.
>
>It is in here:
>https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-image-text-management.html
>
>A new layer "floating selection" top of layer stack would result from
>a copy-paste. You need to either anchor the layer or promote that to a
>new layer in order to proceed
>
>https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-layer-anchor.html
>Snags moving transformed text layers from one image to another.
>
>You only get the original untransformed text back, wrong size, wrong
>position. Up to you to fix that. You can use a flattened scaled
>version of the small image as a template.
>
>If the file comes from another Gimp in another machine, the font might
>not exist on your installation. What happens then, Gimp will use the
>default (usually 'sans') font. There are ways of finding the original
>font using a plug-in.
>
>This forum is hard going. Just the first bit explanation on moving
>transformed text needs several screenshots. Sorry but needs a quick
>video how-to
>
>https://youtu.be/DN6cmvTR0aY  4 and a bit minutes check that and come
>back with problems.
>
>rich: www.gimp-forum.net

As usual you have great understanding of this issue too. I'll study these links
to learn more, but I'm very glad i simply used undo or delete to get rid of that
since it looks like I opened a can of worms.

I've completed my CD label and panels and since I don't have that Transformation
Selection in the labels view, it looks like I'm free from worrying about it.

Thanks for all your great help,

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)