On 03/13/18 08:07, Sterpu Victor wrote:

Sorry, I missed the image size, the size is 5456x3632(from a Sony camera)
Gimp is on 64 bits("C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.8.exe").
CPU is a 64 bits, I7 series, Windows is 10 Pro on 64 bits.
I copied here first 67 images: http://cc123.caido.ro/test.zip

I can load 71 images (5472x3648) just fine and Gimp's memore indicator is at 4.6GB.

What is you tile cache size set to (see Edit>Preferences>Environment)? This is the max RAM Gimp will use, and beyond this it performs its own swapping to disk, which reduces performance dramatically. If your I/O rate increases around the 60th image, you may have an explanation. In your case with a HDD it could be especially bad  since the image loader would be reading some part of the disk while the  tiles would be written to the swap file somewhere else on the disk.