>There are many of us using Gimp to upscale textures for Skyrim LE and
>SE.
>
>What is the best algorithm for upscaling in Gimp 2.10 RC1?
>
>I was under the impression that it was going to have options for halo
>and no halo. In Gimp 2.8, I have been using Lanczos3. But if there is
>anything I can use to improve texture quality even better than
>Lanczos3, I would love to know about it!

>From here http://www.gimpusers.com/tutorials/whats-new-in-gimp-2-10 - section 4

LoHalo method: when you downscale an image thats less than a half of the
original size

NoHalo method: when you do not reduce the size much (rotate, shear or something)

All about downscaling, not upscaling.

There are one or two filters in the gmic_gimp plugin that might be better than
Cubic or NoHalo

Other than that, command line ImageMagick has some upscaling algorithms

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)