>Very difficult to diagnose without full details of tool settings, the
>actual image...etc.
>
>Traps that a beginner might fall into using the clone tool.
>
>Not correctly selecting the source - remember to control-click
>
>Working on a layer under a visible layer. Turn off visibility of
>layers above active.
>
>An inappropriate / tiny / clipboard brush - check the brush
>
>The clone tool mode. For example registered mode clones from layer to
>another layer, So you can not clone on the same layer in that mode. -
>change the tool mode.
>
>Always more than one way to get a result with Gimp, much depends on
>the image.

I carefully copied all of the settings you had on the clone tool in your JPG.
Also I have both #14 and #18 file versions and the same clone tool with the same
settings works fine on #14 but not on #18.

For a test I deleted all the layers so all I have is one pic and it's text and
it still doesn't work. After deleting everything I still see a dotted line
rectangle artifact.  I have a feeling the problem is this dotted line rectangle
that was left after using the crop tool and scissors tool. I was trying to crop
the bottom of a pic, the one on the top far right. The bottom of this pic was
sticking out into the panel below it. When I cropped it, it left some garbage
below, my sloppy cropping. So I used the scissors tool to remove it, but it left
the doted line rectangle that I can't delete.

I think at this point it may be simpler to let you download my files from MS
onedrive, so you can see for yourself.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=C256E2DAE26B22A5%21105&cid=C256E2DAE26B22A5

The files are 56 and 73 meg, so I assume those are too big to upload here. Let
me know if I need to do this a different way

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)