On 04/04/18 22:44, Michelle Beckstrom via gimp-user-list wrote:
Hi I recently downloaded GIMP & have tried to enter text in a text box I
created.  But even tho my cursor is inside the box no text will appear when I hit
the keys.
Could there maybe be a glitch in the copy I downloaded?
Please help.

Thank you,MIchelle B.

Unlikely. Is the text box resizing as you type? If not put it back to "dynamic" in the Tool options. Otherwise maybe you are adding text with the same color as the background.

Otherwise a screenshot could help us understand your problem.