Hi,

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 9:38 PM, Johann Spies <johann.sp...@alterit.co.za>
wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 11:29:21PM +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:
> > >
> > > Apologies.  Here is the attachment
> >
> > This list doesn't do attachements (on purpose).
> > Please put the image on imgur and provide the url.
> OK. The image is at https://www.flickr.com/gp/alterit/kaR248

There may be a few reason. It's hard to tell with just one image.

(1) Maybe you created or opened a grayscale image. Check menu: Image > Mode.

(2) Maybe you are on a layer whose mode would make your red appear gray. In
my tests, the layer mode "Lightness (LCH)" would do such a thing.

(3) Maybe you are painting on your white layer with such a mode, e.g.
"Lightness (LCH)" again, for instance (check the painting mode in the tool
options).

(4) It would be possible also you use a bitmap brush (whose color cannot be
changed), though looking at your screenshot, it looks like one of the base
round brushes. But I write it down, just in case.

I'm sure there are other reasons which could explain painting in gray.
Bottom line: check your layer or painting modes, check the image mode, and
check your chosen brush. If that is not enough, try to reset the tool
option and maybe also the dynamics, just to be sure (there is a color
settings in dynamics too, so maybe you set a weird one?).

You probably just activated some settings somewhere. :-)

Jehan

> I do not use imgur and can't remember that I have ever heard about it
> before your email.
>
> Regards
> Johann
>
> --
> J.H. Spies - Tel. 021-982 2694 / 082 782 0336 / 021-808 4699(w)
>              Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536
>
>      "And they asked him, saying, Master, we know that
>       thou sayest and teachest rightly, neither acceptest
>       thou the person of any, but teachest the way of God
>       truly: Is it lawful for us to give tribute unto
>       Caesar, or no? And he said unto them, Render
>       therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's,
>       and unto God the things which be God's."
>                       Luke 20:21,22,25

ZeMarmot open animation film
http://film.zemarmot.net
Patreon: https://patreon.com/zemarmot