On Thu, 03 May 2018 21:24:43 +0000, Bill Kristy wrote:

> What should I try now?  Is there something less drastic than uninstalling
> completely before re-installing (I'd love to avoid re-customizing the
> program)?

Uninstalling won't remove your settings, however I'd prefer to find out
what's causing 2.10 to not run. Can you open a Command Prompt (open Start
Menu, type cmd and press Enter), and enter the following commands:

cd "\Program Files\GIMP 2"
dir /s > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\gimp-list.txt"

This should create a file named gimp-list.txt on your desktop. Please send
me this file as an attachment to <jernej+s-g...@eternallybored.org> (it'll
contain the list of files inside GIMP's install directory, and should give
me a clue which one is causing GIMP to not start).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >