On Fri, 2018-06-29 at 15:29 +0100, Greg Chapman via gimp-user-list
wrote:
> Hi Liam,
>
> On 29/06/18 01:49, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> > On Thu, 2018-06-28 at 22:17 +0200, GerryPeters wrote:
> > > The Aa is
> > > really not enough
> >
> > Windows->Dockable Dialogues->Fonts
> > or youcan get there with the aaa icon at the lower right of the
> > "Aa"
> > font list.
>
> I don't think that solves the OP's problem. That still only shows an
> upper and lower case A as a sample of any font.

No, it shows the full fontname and a sample - if you are seeing just
Aa, click on the icon at the lower right of that dialogue (in a right-
to-left locale it might be at lower left).

> I think he's looking for a tool that allows him to enter a phrase
> and
> then display that in all available fonts - something like what's
> available at:
> https://fonts.google.com/

Yes, use a font manager for that. Fontmatrix is the most featureful on
Linux probably (but has some extremely dubious features); there's also
a gtkfontmanager that's easier to use but does less.

slave ankh / Liam

Click here to watch the slave get whipped.