>Hey guys!
>
>I'm using GIMP 2.10, and I find that a very common thing I do when I
>work in GIMP is creating vertical and horizontal percentage guides at
>50%. I feel like there has to be a way to automate this by scripting,
>but I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. I DID find a couple
>links to old plugins that would work perfectly, but unfortunately all
>the links I've found so far have been dead. Can anyone point me in the
>right direction for some plugins that will do this? Or some resources
>to script it myself? Thanks!

You could try this one guides-grid.scm . I've used it for years, works Gimp 2.8
& 2.10 / linux / win

Sets guides by number or pixels (no percentages) so 2x2 = centerlines. file
attached.

or somewhat more complicated, a python plugin ofn-preset-guides.py from

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-tools/files/scripts/  about 24 down from
the top. Instructions are in the zip.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/986/original/guides-grid.scm