>Your camera likely does better pictures, but its default settings may
>be
>more neutral than those of your smartphone.
>
>Typically smartphones aim for flashy pictures, and their software will
>go to great lengths to achieve this. But this also makes further
>editing
>of the picture very difficult. By contrast what comes out of a camera
>is
>more neutral but is easier to edit.
>
>There are utilities to process RAW files, your camera likely came with
>such an app, or you can download it from the manufacturer's website.
>There are otherwise several good free ones.
I had a friend play with both the iPhone images and the camera images using
Lightroom. Would it be ok if I uploaded both the RAW (KDC) images and the ones
she edited to get a better idea of what enlargement IS possible?  I’m at the
point where even if I cannot use it for the 48x24 size it’s too beautiful to not
do something with it!  I appreciate any help!  Thanks.

--
nickib (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)