>==========
>
>Help requested in installing resynthesizer
>
>1) download zip file from
>www.mediafire.com/file/gwc928wmwti30g3/resynth_win_32_64.zip
>2) Take the 2 files resynthesizer.exe and resynthesizer-gui.exe from
>the ** win64 ** folder
>3) ????????????? me thinks lost at this point
>
>what  should be done with "plugin-heal-selection.py",  and
>"resynthesizer-gui.exe"
>do two programs create 3 files ?

Difficult to make it more obvious. Windows will open the zip file as a folder,
then it is just click-n-drag.

The two 64 bit resynth files, screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/5H2a0bu.jpg

And as many of the python plugins as you want: https://i.imgur.com/1kliHZJ.jpg

>where is profile located

They go in your Gimp profile
C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins This is a hidden folder.

You do not know where that is? see:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028316/windows-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10

>Addition comment regarding windows install, I always like the option
>of a desktop short cut/link/icon
>this was not a tedious problem, but I felt that it could be
>incorperated in window-install

Desktop shortcut: It is incorporated. You should have installed Gimp using the
customize option, but then how many Windows users do that.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)