Ed,

Although I’m sure that they’re unintentional, your post contains
inconsistencies. They must be rectified before any help can be attempted.

> On 24 Aug 2018, at 23:37, Edward Cubbage via gimp-user-list
> <gimp-user-list@gnome.org> wrote:
>  So my issue is that I install the .dmg file with no problem but there isn’t
> any application that installs.

What does “no problems” mean?
If there are “no problems” why do you say that “there isn’t any application
that installs”

> Every time I open GIMP in runs the install again. Any help will be greatly
> appreciated.

If “there isn’t any application that installs” how can you even “open GIMP”?

Take us through your specific steps, Ed. Perhaps then somebody can provide some
assistance.