>I used the color exchange feature to change all the black pictures to a
>blue>selection (0, 90, 180), and the color that was produced in the final
>image is a
>slightly lighter color (you can see on the image below). When I use the fuzzy
>select/fill tools, it comes out fine. What is wrong?

>Attachments:
>* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1000/original/lightershade.png

First of all, It would help if you told us what operating system and GIMP
versionyou were using...
Secondly, I brought up your image in GIMP (2.10.4), and used the Color Picker
tool(from the Toolbox - also available from Tools-->Color Picker), with Pick
Only andUse Info Window checked in the Tool Options.RGB for the darker was:
46/118/163, and the lighter was:71/140/186.I.E. neither one was 0/90/180.I used
your figures in Change Foreground Color to set theforeground color to your
desired blue.  This blue I then used to paint with a bit, and found it tobe
darker than either one of your, um, "letters".The color picker tool confirms
this new stroke to be 0/90/180.
I changed the foreground color to white and made a stroke, and then broughtup
the Color Exchange dialog (Colors-->Map-->Color Exchange).I clicked on the
color picker button opposite "To Color", and whenever I picked one ofthe three
blues (two of yours, one of mine), the stroke changed to that color...(As I
don't know what "Threshold" does, except that it seems to be a percentage,
with1.0  being 100%,  I didn't fiddle with the numbers any.)
I think you need to give more detail in what you did (including explaining what
you meanby "all the black pictures", and "to a blue selection") to get the
result you got...