>Hi,
>Do you have any link for developers so that we know where to look for
>regarding this SWAP settings?

I'm not sure what you mean by "link", the "SWAP Folder" is a GIMP feature, it is
located in EDIT->Preferences, then scroll down to FOLDERS, there are two options
one "Temporary folder" and other is "Swap folder".

>Does it go to one or the other? I'm sure it does the right thing, but
>doubt that it randomly use one folder or another at different runs,
>right?

It never went to the location I set in the actual preferences dialog, instead it
went into one or the other locations , that depended on the cleanup/reinstall
sequence i took (did this many times), but once it chose a location , it kept
using it for the duration of that install cycle.. if i were to cleanup and
reinstall, it might choose the other location, but, never the one specified in
the prefs.

>special case the cache directory for this OS. If you tell us more
>about
>this SWAP settings on Windows (and in particular what we have to look
>for?

I'm talking about GIMP's internal swap, not windows swap.  I'm just an end-user,
do not know how gimp uses this 'swap' :)

>Is there an API to know this folder? An env variable), this would
>help.

Maybe there is an env var, I just used the GUI interface to try and relocate the
swap to a drive with more space.

>Also what is the proper default cache folder expected on Windows if
>none
>were explicitly set?

I guess this is OK:

c:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\gegl-0.4

as for a default, or leave it like today, to choose based on some other window's
specific logic.

>Please when you answer, mention me explicitly (I have filters) so that
>don't miss your answer.
>Thanks.
>
>Jehan

hopefully you see this Jehan :)