>The "raw" format that Gimp exports is just the bitmap data (more or
>less
>the TGA format without headers) and has no relationship with the "raw"
>image from a camera.
>

>No real point exporting to DNG, though. Why would you want to do that?
>IF you want high-bit-depth storage, you can use TIFF.

Thanks!

Being a newbie, I thought it would be handy to have a RAW file, in case I wanted
to roll it back into VueScan or some other program, without any processing.
Now that I am somewhat less a newbie, and in light of your advice, I don't see
why I would need to do that, and I can be satisfied with TIFF.

--
Punchcard (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)