Hi!

For the record, the official Flatpak build has a few extension flatpaks for
plug-ins. And resynthesizer is one of them! This way, even if you use a
distribution where pygtk2 got removed (as is your case on Debian testing),
you can still run GIMP with python plug-ins.

I explain the command lines to install the Flatpak resynthesizer plug-in on
this post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/39631718

Jehan

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 2:18 PM Frank McCormick <bea...@videotron.ca> wrote:

>   Thanks for those links. It appears it's a widespread problem with no
> real solution, until Gimp 3.0 is out. We'll see how it works out.
>
> Thanks
>
> On 7/28/20 10:46 AM, Daniel Smith wrote:
> > I think it’s because when they moved onto newer versions of Linux they
> > drop the support for certain packages I looked it up and saw this link
> > it’ll probably be useful for you. And then the other link is the general
> > search that I did to find that link
> >
> > https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=253710
> >

> https://www.google.com/search?q=gimpfu+lost+debian+update&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
> >
> > Dan 💚
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 9:35 AM Frank McCormick <bea...@videotron.ca
> > <mailto:bea...@videotron.ca>> wrote:
> >

> >     On 7/27/20 9:53 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> >      > On Mon, 2020-07-27 at 20:43 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
> >      >> I am using Debian Bullseye and gimp 2.10. Sometime in the distant
> >      >> past
> >      >> the resynthesizer plugin stopped loading and working because of
> the
> >      >> absence of a library called gimpfu.
> >      >
> >      > This is probably from the Python plug-in for GIMP so installing
> that
> >      > might help.
> >      >
> >      > slave liam
> >      >

> >          As far as I know there is no python plugin for GIMP, at least
> >     not in
> >     the Debian repositories.

ZeMarmot open animation film
http://film.zemarmot.net