When I click on the file menu in Gimp 1.2.1 (and bringing focus to the main
gimp program), gimp seems to freeze for a while until finally, I can access
the file menu.  But, when I click on the title bar first, I can access the
menus fine.  This did not happen with the gimp-1.1.x series for me, because I
did this there (just clicking on a menu after working with another program).
I developed the habit of just clicking on a menu without bringing focus to
the program (by clicking on the title bar first).

Any insights?

Rick Rosinski