I'm just trying to learn the Gimp - I'm running version 1.0.4 that came with
Mandrake 7.0, and I'm running on top of KDE. My version of the Gimp comes up
without a status bar (the area under the canvas which has information on the
cursor coordinates). I read "Grokking the Gimp", which claims you can toggle
the status bar in the view menu, but no such luck - there is no such entry.
Incidentally, when I toggle the rulers in the same menu, they toggle off
alright, but when toggling them back on, just the ruler area appears, but
without the ruler markings.

I can do without the ruler, but I must have the cursor coordinates to do
decent work. Any idea what I could try?

Peter Henningsen
alifegames.com